I can't even imagine!! *Please Read!!

Friday, October 30, 2009

You other photographers or friends of photog's may have already heard the tragic story of Heidi with Heidi J Photography. I have never met her personally but I my heart breaks for her!! She was targeted by thief's at the Salt Lake Temple and followed in her car. She left her camera equipment, lap top and external hard drive in her LOCKED car under her coat to go in a mail some clients there CD's. She was only gone for a mere 5 minutes and had everything stolen!! I can't even imagine what that must be like!! I have forgotten my bag once and luckily had some honest people turn it in for me at the location I was shooting at, but my heart was in my throat and I was literally having a panic attack the whole ride back there!! But to have it completely gone because of some scumbags is the worst thing imaginable!! This equipment is our livelihood! It is how we share our time and talents with others and make it possible for our clients to have these memories forever!! And the fact that we are being followed home is so scary! I have learned from her story and realize how important it is to be careful with the safety of my equipment and myself at these weddings. I am going to get my stuff insured ASAP! The photographer and friend she was second shooting for that day, Dustin Izatt has set up a fundraiser to help her and her family get back on their feet and get some of her equipment back! Times are tough right now, even for me, but every little bit helps!! So I want to do my part...

I would like to donate all the money made from next portrait session to book with me towards that fundraiser!! So please feel free to call me at (435)752-0652 or e-mail me at casciophoto@hotmail.com and title it "Help for Heidi" to be the wonderful client that really helps make a difference in this photographer's life!!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Oh my gosh! How horrible! Hey we need to book my family session, so I'll be calling you to set it up finally. I feel so bad for her!

Tiffany Izatt said...

Thank you for posting this. There has been such an amazing amount of support!

Kyla Stevens said...

That is so crazy that they followed her and specifically targeted her. That would make me really scared!
I know how she feels unfortunately, I just got my camera and Dan's laptop stolen right in front of my moms house in AZ. We accidently left the trunk open, ran inside and boom it was gone.
The thing that thiefs don't understand is that you steal a photographers camera and you just took away their ability to earn money and the only way to earn money for new equipment. Bummer. I hope that those thiefs get caught because it sounds like this has happened to a lot of photogs in Salt lake lately. I wonder if its the same people.