Knowledge is power!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nichole V is having a contest for a 2 hr. mentor session in exchange for a testimonial for her workshop I took this past summer! I am glad to give my two cents for all she has done for me! With my own workshop coming up, I hope to inspire others like she inspires so many other!!


It was just a typical summer night. I was busy editing away and trying to get the kids in bed at a decent hour! I decided to just take a break and check if there was anything new on Facebook. I noticed I had a new comment and without thinking much of it, just clicked on it and began to read "is that you that won?" At first I couldn't make a connection and then I realized what "WON" meant!! I had WON the free spot to Nichole V's Life As Art Workshop in August!! I proceeded to jump up and down about a hundred times and scream like a little school girl! How could I be so lucky? Thank Nichole and Random.org!
The Life As Art Workshop was an amazing experience! Nichole has teaching what she does down to an art, literally. I was engaged, enlightened and inspired! I could not believe the range of topics that were covered over three days. From creativity to posing to backlighting. From focal length to workflow to running your own business! It seems like all of the most important aspects of what we do as artists and professionals were covered.
Not only did I walk away with a new love for what it is that I do, but I also left with many new friends and fellow photographers in an amazing industry. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity that I had to go and learn so much from Nichole! She is where she is for a reason. People recognize what she does has immense value, both as a photographer and a teacher! Workshops are worth their weight in gold and the Life As Art Workshop is no exception!! I look forward to continually learn from Nichole as I go along my journey as an artist and photographer! Thank you again Nichole for everything!!

And because I have a hard time doing a post without pictures, here are a few of my favorites that I got during the off camera lighting portion of the workshop!

 DSC_5340-6 DSC_5315-3 DSC_5346-9

No comments: