Hayley {Birth Story} Utah Birth Photographer

Friday, May 20, 2011

I love my Shanna! She is one of my best friends from high school and practically like another sister to me! I was so excited when she found out she was pregnant with her second and having her first girl :) A couple months before she was due, when began discussing the possibility of having me do her birth story. She was a little hesitant at first, but decided what the heck, let's do it! Like many moms, she was afraid of it being uncomfortable for ME, but being a mother of three and my third birth story I assured her that the only person she needed to worry about was HER and the baby!! :)
They were scheduled for an induction on March 4, 2011 so I met them at the hospital. We had to get some of her and Andy before we went in.



Another fun part of Shanna's birth was that we have the same doctor! We both love him and I haven't seen him since I delivered Avery, so it was a fun little reunion. And who doesn't want a doctor that walks in with a big smile like him and can make you laugh like she is in this picture!?



She made it all the way to a 6 before she decided to get the epidural, and even then she was still smiling and carrying on with a conversation between contractions! She labored like a pro! :)



Seriously... who looks this gorgeous just after having a baby?!



After everything was said and done and she got her pictures back she was soooo happy she went through with it and did a birth story! Here's was she wrote on my Facebook wall that day!!

"I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them!!! You are fantastic!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you!!! coming on a little strong I know! But my birthing photos are amazing. I will never have another kid without you being there taking my pictures!! Thank you!!"

Now that's a compliment! :) Love you too Shanna!

Here are some of my favs from her newborn session. We took some fun ones of the family too!



Congrats again you guys! She beautiful and I can't wait to all her pictures as she grows up with big brother! :)

3 comments:

Jamie Younker said...

Wow. Just WOW. I wish I would have known about the option of having a birth story session when I had Noelle! I echo what your friend said- never again will I have a child without you being there to take the pictures. You did an incredible job at capturing the emotion of such a special day. LOVE LOVE LOVE! The newborn pictures are cute too. Seeerrriously I know I've said it before but I'll say it again- I want to be you when I grow up! :)
Love ya!

Amy Jo said...

What a beautiful birth story!! I am a photographer in salt lake and I love following your blog. You showed this story in such a peaceful, calming way. It makes me want my own birth story, and I totally want that doctors name, he looks so nice! Thanks for the awesome post!

Audrey Litfin Photography said...

So many great captures, beautiful images!!!